Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Friday, May 30, 2014

Vanilla Cream Ripple Afghan

My mom made this afghan for my brother's bed, to match his newly-painted room, which favors the same colors featured in this afghan. She chose Vanilla Cream Ripple as her pattern, from the book Reversible Ripple Afghans by Kim Guzman.
She did modify the pattern a bit to make the front posts thinner.

She used Caron Simply Soft Sunshine, Berry Blue, and Soft Blue with a K hook. She crochets much more tightly than I do, so her blanket turned out thicker (and arguably softer) than mine. The finished size is about 75" x 55".

One curious thing about it is that since all the front posts are parallel, it naturally accordions to just a fraction of its width.

Check out more projects using this pattern on Ravelry:

No comments:

Post a Comment