Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Legend of Zelda 3DS XL Case

My best friend got the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds special edition 3DS XL, and asked me to crochet her a case while she was in town. I hadn't crocheted in a while, so what came out wasn't a perfectly polished crochet item, but once it was finished, it was very near perfect simply because of how awesome it was!

I didn't use a pattern, and just improvised as I went along. It took me about 5 hours to finish, as I was quite rusty. Plus, I spent an hour or so trying to teach her sister to crochet. :P
First I made a chain, then made an oval by crocheting in one loop around one side and then the other, and continued crocheting in the round using single crochet until it was the size of the 3DS XL. Once I had it the height of the 3DS and I was at one end I turned around and started crocheting in rows to make the flap that folds down over the top (In this picture, we haven't yet added the snaps to the flap).

My friend wanted it in Red Heart Soft yarn in Honey to match the color on the 3DS itself, and she also wanted a decal so we decided to cut the Hyrulian Crest out of black felt and glue it on using Fabri-Tac.

Like this? Check out my Legend of Zelda Triforce Pillow!

Edit: here are some more pictures!

4 comments:

  1. how much would you charge for one of these ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm since I have never sold any of my works, a quick browse of Etsy would suggest about $15.

      Delete
  2. was this single crochet, or double?

    ReplyDelete