Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

99 Days of Crochet - Day 71 Lace Shells

I have to say this is the most.... interesting, and ridiculous stitches I've worked with so far. It's not particularly difficult, but I spent a lot of time counting stitches and trying to find the next stitch. Not only that, but the giant spikes get in the way of working so it was incredibly slow going.

After a few rows of working with Lion Brand Pound of Love Pastel Pink yarn with an H hook, I wished I had picked a thicker yarn so I would only have to do 2 picot-rings per row and it would be taller faster, but I didn't want to stop and restart. Then I realized I only had about an inch done and it would be faster if I switched at that point, so I restarted and chose a larger hook as well.

I used Red Heart Super Saver Petal Pink yarn and a K hook (because I was too lazy to pick a color I hadn't worked with in a while).

Front
Back

No comments:

Post a Comment