Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

99 Days of Crochet - Day 11 Sculpted Shells

Another shells stitch! Shells are definitely not my favorite type of stitch, so I wasn't looking forward to doing this one. I even messed up pretty bad at one point... see the bloopers section below. The pattern called for an 11 stitch repeat plus 15 stitches extra for the starting chain, and though the 11 x 2 stitches was the right size for the square, it turned out WAY bigger, almost exactly the size of the longer edge, so it's a sideways pattern this time!

I like how the shells are pronounced on the back, and this stitch works up very quickly, but overall I don't care for it. I have no idea what the practical use of this stitch would be. I used a K hook and Red Heart Super Saver Hunter Green.

Front

Back

Bloopers! I skipped a stitch... or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment