I made this crochet kitten a few weeks ago, according to the pattern by MarmaladeRose.
I decided to make it black and white to experiment with changing colors for the first time. It didn't come out perfectly, but then again I was mostly using it as a guide for future kitties if I wanted to do more color patterns. I forgot to make a face in my haste to get it stuffed. The head doesn't quite sit straight because I sewed the chin to the body, then realized the face was leaning forward. I got lazy so I didn't redo it or try to fix it very well. I'm not too sad because it was a good learning experience for me, in attaching pieces. The tail was very difficult because it was my first time working with black yarn in the round, and I ended up with lots of extra and missed stitches. Next time, I might try making a tail stitching together a few rows instead of working in the round.
One quirky thing about this cat in particular is that I used two different types of yarn I found from years ago. The white yarn is quite rough, but the black yarn is slicker and softer, and almost thinner. That made the sizing difficult, as the black rows tended to be more narrow than white rows. The white parts were also considerably stiffer.
In the future I'd like to make more of these kitties in different patterns, with actual faces and heads that don't flop forward.