Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Drawstring Pouch

While visiting my friend I had some extra inspiration to crochet, and one of the projects I decided on was this drawstring pouch based on this pattern by Coder Mommy.

I had lent some Red Heart Super Saver Earth & Sky yarn to my friend to learn to crochet with, so I used that for this pouch. It worked up in just a few hours; it actually took me longer to remember how to make a magic circle since I hadn't crocheted one in so long!

The only change I made to Coder Mommy's pattern was to add an extra row to the top of the pouch to give it a cute edging. For this I picked a shell stitch.

The drawstring was the funnest part to make. I used Caron Simply Soft Black and made a chain. The chain was the perimeter of the fully-opened bag plus a few inches on one end. I then started to single crochet in the back "hump" of the chain to stitch the ends together so the string would not need to be tied together or get stuck inside the edging of the bag.


The pouch closed up with some stuff inside


The pouch opened up


The bottom of the pouch. I don't really like how working in rows for circular crochet looks, but at least you can't see it too bad on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment