Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

99 Days of Crochet - Day 24 Bare Branches

I really like the patterns created by front and back post double crochet, so I was excited to do this one. Textured Diagonals and Posted Chevrons are two of my favorite patterns so far, which were quite similar to this one.

It took me a long time to get the first few rows started. I had no idea which stitch to work into 2 rows below. It's easy enough to find the right post in double crochet, but single crochet is much harder! I think it's safe to say that I am now (finally!) a self-taught expert at finding the right stitch. It's surprisingly hard, and I didn't realize I didn't know how to do it until this pattern.

This square is sideways because the repeat is 12 + 14 stitches, so I had to do it VERY tight with a G hook to do it along the 7" side, which didn't turn out well. Instead I did about normal tension on the 9" side with a K hook, which turned out to be just about right. My only regret is that I didn't get very many branches in the square.

I used Red Heart Super Saver Burgundy with a K hook.

Front

Back

No comments:

Post a Comment