Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Infinity Scarf

I made this scarf as a slightly-late Christmas present for my best friend's mom.

I found the yarn at a rummage sale for cheap, only $1 for 4 skeins. I had never even heard of FedMart! It's called natura Ultra-Aire, 50% Acrylic, 50% Nylon, in Brick color. You can't really tell from the picture, but the yarn was orange inside and had clearish-silvery fluff coming off it that made me want to use this for a scarf. I used about 1.5 skeins of this yarn. Each skein was 3oz, but there was no yardage listed on the packaging.


Here's a picture of the scarf flattened out. The dimensions are approximately 9 inches wide by 40 inches around.

Pattern

This pattern is worked in rows (not in rounds). I used a K hook. Stitch markers are recommended. Key:
sc: single crochet
dc: double crochet
hdc: half double crochet
slst: slip stitch
ch: chain

R1: Foundation chain the length you want. Mine turned out about 40 inches long. I recommend checking the size around your neck to make sure it's a good size for you.
slst into the first back "hump" to join into a circle, ensuring there are no twists in your chain.
R2: hdc in each of the back "humps" around, slst to join.
R3: dc in each stitch around, slst to join.
R4-R22: alternate R2 and R3 around. You can do more or fewer rows if you'd like.
R23: sc around, slst to join.
Weave in ends and you're done!

Let me know if you have any questions about the pattern so I can improve my pattern-writing skills, and help you with your project!

No comments:

Post a Comment