Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

99 Days of Crochet - Day 63 Berry Stitch

I think this pattern has frustrated me more than any other so far. No matter how I interpret it, stick my hook in different stitches, or skip or add new stitches, I just can't get it to come out. I tried skipping row 2 and just moving on to row 4, then repeating 3 and 4, but that just started increasing every row (even if I skipped stitches!), leading to a giant triangular piece. The repeating part of each row has you working through 4 stitches (skip 1, work 1, skip 1, work 4), but that actually makes 5 stitches in the next row. So it truly makes no sense. I can't ignore the work 1 because the pattern explicitly says to work into that stitch in particular, so I end up with my stitches being off at the end of the row.

I'm sad to say that I had to give up on this pattern, as I couldn't find anything on the internet that could help me. "Berry stitch" was an unfortunate name for this as the entirety of the internet believes this should be a popcorn stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment