Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Sweetheart Ripple Square

The third and most famous of the patterns from the book Reversible Ripple Afghans by Kim Guzman!

First off, I should not have used pink and purple for this. It would have looked much nicer with a dark and light color, and only one of them should be bright, not both. I saw some over on Ravelry that were rainbow or other great color combinations, and so if I decide to make this in the future I will try one of those other color combinations instead.

I like this pattern, and this "square" turned out much better than the previous two. I switched to a J hook instead of an I hook, and crocheted much looser. I think this helped with the horrific holes that appeared in many of the stitches before, and made it considerably larger.

Another thing I noticed is that this pattern is actually worked upside down. When in progress, the hearts are actually little carrot (^) symbols. This confused me for a long time and I thought I was doing the pattern wrong! I suppose that having the hearts be upside down for the crocheter provides a view for any onlookers?

I used a J hook and Caron Simply Soft Watermelon and Iris yarns.

Front

Back

Add this project on Ravelry:

No comments:

Post a Comment