Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll be keeping track of all my crochet projects! Find me on Ravelry!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Cherry Blossom Pattern

Finally, I've come up with a good pattern for a cherry blossom applique! It took me a lot of flowers of trial and effort before I came up with a cherry blossom I'm satisfied with. I can't decide which I like more, the compact version or the one with the holes, so I've included both.

Each flower takes only a few minutes from start to finish. You can use any kind of yarn with its corresponding hook to create the size you want. Larger sizes may benefit from the larger pattern, but both look great either way.

Small Cherry Blossom:
Row 1: 9 sc in a Magic Ring
Row 2: turn, *ch2, sl st in next 2 st* around
Row 3: sl st into next ch space, *ch2, dc, sl st, dc, ch2 in same ch space, sl st in next ch space* around
Finish off, pull ring closed, and weave in ends!

Larger Cherry Blossom Modification:
Row 1: 9 sc in a Magic Ring
Row 2: turn, *ch3, sl st in next 2 st* around
Row 3: sl st into next ch space, *ch2, 2dc, sl st, 2dc, ch2 in same ch space, sl st in next ch space* around
Finish off, pull ring closed if you want, and weave in ends!

Add this project on Ravelry:

No comments:

Post a Comment